Re: Idea's needed for HS aged special ed

  • aliteachesart
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
      Shellee,
      I teach younger kids, but did do a lesson with a H.S. special ed class when student
      teaching. We did self portraits, using mirrors and the facial proportions. After loosening
      up our faces in the mirror we drew our head shapes, then we all looked at our eyes and
      drew them near the middle, etc. it took a couple classes; but they were all wonderful.
      Print making on styrofoam sheets would be great too. If you surf around the IAD for
      upper elementary lessons, you might find an artist based lesson (or 20) that will work
      great for your kids. I like to show some photographs or paintings and we talk about each
      for a minute or two. Then we have some ideas and go to are seats to make art- everyone
      has an idea- they get to make art that is important to them and I get a window into what
      will make art more relevant. Whatever you end up doing, please share with the group! I
      am sure your kids are having a blast! Ali B.