Re: [art_education] Handmade Paper

  • Anna K. Ball
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1 5:22 PM
      Wonderful paper for block prints.

      anna in sd

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 8:56 AM
      Subject: [art_education] Handmade Paper

      What kinds of things have you done using handmade paper?  So far, I can only think of making books out of the handmade paper.  Any ideas?

      Sarah in snowy Michigan

    • Denny Porter
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7 8:29 AM
        When you are making the paper you can take the pulp
        and make paper casts of sculptures. you pour the pulp
        on the sculpute wait for it to dry and then cut it in
        half to remove the cast. You have to either glue or
        tape the cast back together after it has been cut
        free. I'd use plasticine, or another reusable clay,
        for the sculptures because you could use the same
        materials for a number of different classes and your
        only expense is the paper you use.

        Denny Porter Erie,P.A.

        --- Sarah Coullard <scoullard@...>

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com