- What kinds of things have you done using handmade paper? So far, I can only think of making books out of the handmade paper. Any ideas?Sarah in snowy Michigan
Re: [art_education] Handmade PaperI had them do small relief sculptures out of oil based clay, making sure there are NO undercuts. We then poured plaster over them to make a cast, dug out the clay and put the hand made paper in them, allowed them to dry and you have a sculpture.
- If you go to my site site www.art-by-ross.com I have a project for making hand made paper using tin cans. I've use this project for making ornaments but there are other uses like cards, door hangers ect. There is also a project for making illuminarias as well.Darrell
Sent: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 8:56 AM
Subject: [art_education] Handmade Paper
What kinds of things have you done using handmade paper? So far, I can only think of making books out of the handmade paper. Any ideas?Sarah in snowy Michigan
- Darrell,I also revolve my work around nature spirits and Gods and Goddesses...I have masks that I have made...one of Pan and one of The Earth Mother.Tara Sclafani
- Remember the "old time" hand held fans that were given out in church, etc. back in the day? I had students make those using two pieces of handmade paper with a tongue depressor for the handle. We studied Oriental art and images, students then did an Oriental theme design on each side. One that turned out very nice was a Koi pond the student cut her papers into the shape of a Lily Pad. They drew the same design on each side then colored in using a choice of watercolors or markers. I had lots of dragons, even one great wall with fighting Samari on it. I had forgotten about this lesson so I think I will revise for this year. Thanks for the memory jog! Wanda
- I'd like to hear that info also. Please share.Renah Bell----- Original Message -----From: Sarah CoullardSent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 10:56 AMSubject: [art_education] Handmade PaperWhat kinds of things have you done using handmade paper? So far, I can only think of making books out of the handmade paper. Any ideas?Sarah in snowy Michigan
- Wonderful paper for block prints.anna in sd----- Original Message -----From: Sarah CoullardSent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 8:56 AMSubject: [art_education] Handmade PaperSarah in snowy Michigan
- When you are making the paper you can take the pulp
and make paper casts of sculptures. you pour the pulp
on the sculpute wait for it to dry and then cut it in
half to remove the cast. You have to either glue or
tape the cast back together after it has been cut
free. I'd use plasticine, or another reusable clay,
for the sculptures because you could use the same
materials for a number of different classes and your
only expense is the paper you use.
Denny Porter Erie,P.A.
--- Sarah Coullard <scoullard@...>
> What kinds of things have you done using handmade____________________________________________________________________________________
> paper? So far, I can
> only think of making books out of the handmade
> paper. Any ideas?
> Sarah in snowy Michigan
Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.