Welcome All New Members

  • jdecker4art
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
      Greetings New Members,

      It is nice to have you with us. I am a webmaster for Incredible Art
      Department/Incredible Art Resources. Many of you may have visited
      the site. I post frequently to this list.

      I would like to make a few suggestions when you post.

      1. Sign with a least your first name. If you are a college student,
      let us know that, too.

      2. If your post is for a college assignment , please let us know
      some details about the assignment.

      3. Let me/us know if you have already looked on Incredible Art
      Department for an answer. That way, I won't spend time posting what
      you have already found. Lessons are not sorted out by medium on the
      site - but you can get them to come up by doing a Google search of
      the site.

      4. When asking for lesson plans, let us know what grade level you
      are looking for and let us know what kind of materials you have on
      hand (or what kind of materials you wish to use).

      5. When someone does answer your question, it is polite to send them
      a "thank you" off list. It is easy to find the sender's email
      address in the post - or you can send from the list web site. I am
      posting from the site right now. Remember that answers to your
      questions can take quite some time to write. Show that you value our
      time.

      6. Share some of your ideas too. We are always looking for fresh
      ideas.

      I would like to invite all of you to introduce yourselves.

    • Linda24502@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
        Is there a way that I can not receive so many emails regarding lessons?

        I am just a person learning art right now, and I get a ton of emails regarding
        technology lessons, stuff like that, can I get off that list some how?

        Thank you!
      • Ken
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
          Linda,

          I changed your preferences to receive the daily digest. This means you
          will only receive one e-mail a day with all the posts on it. If anyone
          else wants to change their preferences, go to the list home page at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education and click on "Edit
          Membership" near the top on the left. You then select daily digest.

          Ken Rohrer
          IAD List Moderator

        • Linda24502@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2007
            Thanks so much I certainly appreciate it!