Looking for a good transparent paint for foil

  • aj4art
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
      Has anyone painted on tinfoil? I'm looking for a suggestion for a transparent paint to color
      our foil projects. (I have SOME colored sharpies- but I'm afraid they will run out during our
      coloring stage- don't want to buy more). Anyone know what they use in Mexico to paint their
      tin?

      Waiting for the storm in WNY-
      Amy
    • shoppingformykids
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
        Hi Amy, not sure what they use on tin, but some of my students (lower
        elementary) painted on foil yesterday. I just added a couple of drops
        to good ol' tempera and stir it in. It works fine, and is transparent
        too.

        Laurie
        www.tabroom.blogspot.com

      • crasm@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
          drops of what????
        • cen_aca_dp
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2007
            I am wondering if this would work for you:

            http://www.plaidonline.com/apGG.asp

            We use Gallery Glass paint on overhead film to create stained glass:

            http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=66003

            It dries to a clear colored plastic state. Might be worth a try!

            Denise Pannell

            Apache Kids'Art now online!

            http://natepannell.memory-of.com/
            "There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. Ghandi"
          • shoppingformykids
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
              Oh, sorry! Drops of dishwashing soap~

              Laurie