First week of school activity- Starry Night - (photos)

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
      Dear Friends in Art Education;

      Here is a successful first week of school activity you might want to save.
      "Complements of Starry Night"
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Melissa.htm
      This made a nice presentation for Melissa Speelman's Open House.
      Melissa cut an image of Starry night into 30 squares. Each students got one
      to enlarge on 12" square (number back of both).
      Students painted their square using complementary colors - duplicating the
      brush strokes of Van Gogh.

      Her project generated a lot of discussion on the color Brown and what it's
      complement may be. I have included one Getty list post (that is the only one
      I saved).

      This file will only be on the site for a short time - so save the idea now
      if you are interested. I may put it on a page for Vincent Van Gogh ideas in
      the future.
      See more work from Melissa's students:
      http://www2.sycamoreschools.org/jh/Art/speelmanm/index.html

      Thanks Melissa. The topic of First Week of School just came up on
      ArtsEducators list.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk
    • anthony and teresa
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2003
        ... i use a line printout of "starry night" for my 1st-2nd grades
        http://arthistory.about.com/library/blp_vangoghstarry.htm ..
        the "complements of starry night" lesson will be a great follow up
        since they are already familiar with the piece. appreciate the
        posts :tressa

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Decker" <JDecker@w...>