Postmodern art lesson

  • shannabrown57
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2007
      Dear Art Educators- Does anyone have any ideas for a Postmodern art
      lesson concerning a contemporary social issue?
    • shannabrown57
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2007
        Dear Art Educators- Does anyone have any ideas for a Postmodern art
        lesson concerning a contemporary social issue?
      • debarted
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
          Dear Shanna,

          Can you tell us more what you are looking for? Is this for a college
          assignment? Please share more about the assignment.

          A lesson about Judy Onofrio was already posted.

          I just thought I would explore to see what else I could find....

          Here is a lesson for middle school - a collaboration between
          language arts teacher and art teacher - good for literacy.
          Postmodern Picture Books in the Middle School
          http://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=66
          Here is info on the book that is used - Black and White:
          http://www.amazon.com/Caldecott-Medal-Book-David-
          Macaulay/dp/0395521513

          Of course - there is lots to see on Art 21:
          http://www.pbs.org/art21/index.html
          Includes numerous lesson plans - for high school

          Hope you found what you were looking for. I found a lot was
          available on line.

          Regards,

          Deborah Kaye