Contemporary Native American Art

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      Share your summer surfing. Woody Duncan just posted an upcoming show in New
      York of pottery by Jody Folwell and her daughters Susan and Polly Rose
      -- titled "Decidedly Diva, part one". They are contemporary potters from
      Santa Clara Pueblo in New Mexico. This is really a beautiful gallery site:
      http://www.modogallery.com .
      I started looking for Contemporary Native American Artists this summer - but
      didn't get very far on that topic. I thought I would give you a chance to
      share ones you found over the summer (Dawn - I have that exceptional
      Northwest Coast Mask site so no need to re-post it - unless you want to
      share it with our new members). I am still planning to feature Native
      American sites the month of November (yes- isn't that Native American month
      in our schools -- smile). I have many quality sites for Great Sites - and
      will always consider more....I don't have a lot of practicing artist sites
      to list on Incredible Artists. I am hoping you have found some in your
      travels. Many of you are planning units on Native American art. I am looking
      for traditional - and those that go beyond tradition.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk