Re: [art_education] paper mosaics?

  • Christa-Maria
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
      I made color value paper charts with my kids..
      It takes
      old magazines
      egg cartons
      black poster board
      glue
      eager hands...
      Grouped kids together into small groups and assigned them a color,
      within the groups the kids chose liter or darker colors.
      Than had them peruse magazines ( National geographics mainly) to rummage
      through for their assigned colors to cut out and than tear into small
      bits.
      I gave them all a 3x10 strip to glue ( gluestick) their colors on, as
      well as they could by light to dark range.
      Those strips where than glues upon a black , again by value..
      This made a wonderful Poster of color values, we made an apple mosaic of
      the chips and glued it over the strips, sort of gave the poster
      pizazz..:)
      I found this a good 6th grade project, although this can be done easily
      with younger kids, 6th graders just took it further, after that to make
      mosaics where a snap..:)
      C-M