Re: [art_education] paper mosaics?

  • michener64@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003

            I am going to try paper mosaics with my mixed class of middle school/high schoolers this year for the first time. I have been collecting paint chips to use. I am hoping the heavier paper will be easier to work with and give more of a tile effect.
            Tina
    • Christa-Maria
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
        I made color value paper charts with my kids..
        It takes
        old magazines
        egg cartons
        black poster board
        glue
        eager hands...
        Grouped kids together into small groups and assigned them a color,
        within the groups the kids chose liter or darker colors.
        Than had them peruse magazines ( National geographics mainly) to rummage
        through for their assigned colors to cut out and than tear into small
        bits.
        I gave them all a 3x10 strip to glue ( gluestick) their colors on, as
        well as they could by light to dark range.
        Those strips where than glues upon a black , again by value..
        This made a wonderful Poster of color values, we made an apple mosaic of
        the chips and glued it over the strips, sort of gave the poster
        pizazz..:)
        I found this a good 6th grade project, although this can be done easily
        with younger kids, 6th graders just took it further, after that to make
        mosaics where a snap..:)
        C-M