Re: dyed rice mosaics -how about mat board?

  • lillisb
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      I saw some rice mosaics at a high school art fair and they were
      goregous..I should have found out name of teacher and contacted
      her..never did.

      I know you use food coloring and a small amount of alcohol to die
      rice but am not sure what the best adhesive would be...would plain
      old elmers glue work, or rubber cement (would like to avoid the
      fumes...)
      Lillis
      art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Decker" <JDecker@w...> wrote:
      > Hi Lillis,
      >
      > I must admit you peaked my curiosity. I did a quickie Google search
      to see
      > what I could find and nothing came up quickly. I'd love to see an
      image of
      > what someting like this looks like. I am posting to the list
      because others
      > might be interested in Ken Schwab's mat board mosaics, too
      > http://www28.brinkster.com/leighart/mosaics.html
      > Be sure to look at the detail one, too. I bet those of you who have
      come to
      > know me figured out which images I saved to feature on Incredible
      Art