Re: [art_education] Bleach Out

  • Julie Casebourn
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2002
      Wow, I can't believe you asked this question. I just
      did 2 projects with bleach-out today. I find that
      full strength bleach works best. I would recommend
      going outside to do or open alot of windows- fan
      etc...fumes you know.
      I usually put bleach into a baby food jar, and they
      can dip a q-tip for wide lines and big shapes or dots
      or dried-out marker for fine lines and shapes, into
      the jar. Of course, the longer you hold the tip of
      tool down the more the bleach will spread. You can
      also create different values by going back over
      bleached-out areas. Different brand and different
      colored construction papers will bleach-out
      differently. I also do this on black rayon or cotton
      fabric. Today my 5th graders bleached out areas on
      fabric strips they tie-dyed and stamped with fabric
      paint. They are studying about African Adrinka
      cloths.
      The last layer of tie-dying was done with regular
      black Rit dye and the bleach left a beautiful golden
      color.

      http://sports.yahoo.com/