People and Places of the World

  • Renah Bell
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      I was also fascinated by this site until I realized that presenting Israel totally ignored the most beautiful city in Israel, Jerusalem. I'm sure they were there. When they showed pictures of the "shuk"-the shopping bazaar or any of the holy areas- they placed it in an area they called Palestine, which does not exist, and certainly is not in Jerusalem. Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel and no other quasi-political entity.
      I find myself angry and offended.
      Jerusalem is ancient, intimate, beautiful, warm and spiritual. We need to see the fascinating pictures of Israel. I there anyone out there who can add such pictures?
      My students often use Jerusalem as a theme for their art work. Some have seen it some have only seen pictures and heard others talk about it. I will be there in 3 days. If my digital camera chooses to work for me I'll try to send you some of the colorful and beautiful scenes that make it such a special city.
      Renah Bell