Re: [art_education] Ten Biggest Classroom Management Mistakes Made by Teachers

  • Don Hoffmann
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007
      Very good site. I also highly recommend taking the Paragon Learning Style test. This was the first time in my 40 some years that anyone has profiled me EXACTLY. It would be interesting to find if there was a pattern in art teachers/artists and their learning styles, or are they all over the board like students.

      Don Hoffmann - INTJ

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007
        I took the PLS and it was pretty accurate. I found that some
        of the questions were rather sujbective as the answer could
        be dependent on individual situations.

        I will have my kids take it. They will get a kick out of it.

        Shelly G.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007

          I’ve seen this test before. Took it many times and always come out as an INFP. I’m also curious to see what other art teachers and artists come up with for results! J_

          Jen M in northern NY

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007
            Hi Jen

            I didn't mention in my previous email that I am a ESFP.

            Shelly from "upstate NY", hehe

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007

              I came out as INTJ.

              Jan in Tampa

            • Anna.Ball@k12.sd.us
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007
                I am INFP.
                --anna in south dakota sorely lacking in snow.

                ________________________________

                I've seen this test before. Took it many times and always come out as an INFP. I'm also curious to see what other art teachers and artists come up with for results! :-)_

                Jen M in northern NY

                Very good site. I also highly recommend taking the Paragon Learning Style test. This was the first time in my 40 some years that anyone has profiled me EXACTLY. It would be interesting to find if there was a pattern in art teachers/artists and their learning styles, or are they all over the board like students.

                Don Hoffmann - INTJ

                This link was shared in Riverdeep Newsletter.

                Ten Biggest Classroom Management Mistakes Made by Teachers
                http://www.calstatela.edu/faculty/jshindl/cm/Ten%20Biggest%20Mistakes%20Made%20by%20Teachers%209-04b.htm <http://www.calstatela.edu/faculty/jshindl/cm/Ten%20Biggest%20Mistakes%20Made%20by%20Teachers%209-04b.htm>

                or tiny URL
                http://tinyurl.com/yllu29 <http://tinyurl.com/yllu29>

                Page is by John Shindler, California State University, Los Angeles.

                A list of teaching "mistakes", which includes resources for
                positive models.

                Ken Rohrer - you might want to add this link to Teacher's Toolbox.

                Riverdeep SUBSCRIPTION INFORMATION:
                The Classroom Flyer is a free educational email newsletter
                provided by Riverdeep. You can subscribe, change your subscription
                preferences, or change your email address HERE:
                http://rivapprod2.riverdeep.net/pls/portal/url/page/RVDP_CF/CFSC <http://rivapprod2.riverdeep.net/pls/portal/url/page/RVDP_CF/CFSC>

              • Jen Millward
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007

                  Ha! Sounds like a sports channel!

                  Jen, from green and 50-degree weather in crazy Northern NY

                • bauers@harrisburg.k12.mo.us
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 4, 2007
                    >I took this test in high school and I was an INFP. Just took it again
                    and am still an INFP.

                    Susan in MO

                    I've seen this test before. Took it many times and always come out as an
                    > INFP. I'm also curious to see what other art teachers and artists come up
                    > with for results! J_
                    >

                    > Jen M in northern NY

                  • julie t.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 5, 2007
                      XNFP for me

                      i'm in the middle of an I and an E...I by nature and E by life lessons

                      :-) julie t.

                      ‹(•¿•)›

                    • aj4art
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 9, 2007
                        I, too thought this was pretty accurate. I'm an INFP as well!