Re: [art_education] New comer...

  • Barb Reser
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
      Shelly and Lorri:

      I teach art as a home based business.  Please check my website  www.arteducationstudio.com ) and email me offlist.  Thanks,

      Barb

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 8:48 AM
      Subject: [art_education] New comer...

      Hello All,

      Sorry I waited so long to introduce myself, but have yet to
      determine if this is the right place for me to post.

      Unlike most of you, I am an Independent Art Instructor and don't
      work for a school/district.

      I do private lessons for all ages (kids and adults). I have been
      teaching for about 2 years and have focused mostly on homeschooled
      students as if fits well with my schedule.

      I have learned that that avenue is limited at best and am currently
      working on finding locations to teach studio classes. I have one
      possibility, but it is also limited.

      I was just looking for a venue to bounce ideas off of, and basically
      find out if there is anyone else out there doing what I am. If there
      is anyone out there that has been doing something similar, I would
      be interested to hear from you (off list if you prefer).

      Thanks for listening.

      Sincerely,

      Shelly Gordon
      ShellysArt

    • Kieren Dutcher
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
        You might also look into local schools with after school programs, they often want teachers to come in to do special classes. I am an art teacher in a small private school, but i make good extra $ teaching after school art classes, and also summer art workshops.
        Kieren