Re: New comer...

  • Paul Joseph Schleitwiler, FCM
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Shelly Gordon" <sgordon13@...>
      wrote:
      " ...I do private lessons for all ages (kids and adults). I have been
      teaching for about 2 years and have focused mostly on homeschooled
      students as if fits well with my schedule.
      I have learned that that avenue is limited at best and am currently
      working on finding locations to teach studio classes. I have one
      possibility, but it is also limited. ... "
      Shelly Gordon

      when looking for venues for 'studio' classes, consider where you might
      find such space. A couple possibilities are local park districts and
      craft/art supply stores. The former are always looking for art
      programs for recreation and the latter are looking for hooks to
      selling their wares.
      Another possibility is nursing/assisted living homes which might also
      have a budget to supplement materials costs.
      Never hurts to ask at these places. Plus the first two may refer
      people to you as private students.
      Que Dios te bendiga de siempre y de todas maneras,
      Paul
    • Barb Reser
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
        Shelly and Lorri:

        I teach art as a home based business.  Please check my website  www.arteducationstudio.com ) and email me offlist.  Thanks,

        Barb

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
          You might also look into local schools with after school programs, they often want teachers to come in to do special classes. I am an art teacher in a small private school, but i make good extra $ teaching after school art classes, and also summer art workshops.
          Kieren