Re:Introduction

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 30, 2006
      Hi Tara! The group is a little slow this week due to
      the holidays. It should pick up once again when
      teachers return to school.

      Because we've had many new members the past month, I
      want to remind everyone again that you can also join
      the forums. Go to
      http://incredibleart.proboards83.com/ to sign up.

      Ken Rohrer

      ------------------------------
      Introduction
      Posted by: "Tara Sclafani" PixieNfire@...
      tarasclafani
      Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:08 pm (PST)

      Hello all,
      I am new to the egroup, My name is Tara, I am from New
      Jersey. I am a senior @ Kean University and also a
      mother of two little girls, and a SPiralScouts troop
      leader. Nice to Meet Everyone!
      Tara
    • Pam Renovato
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 28, 2008
        I am not quite new but it has taken me weeks to rid my inbox of the hundreds of spam messages I was receiving so that I could properly participate in the discussion.

        So anyway...
        My name is Pam. I live in Topeka, KS. I have been a 2 dimensional artist for as long as I can remember. My mediums are oil, watercolor, ink, pastel and I also enjoy web design and digital art.

        So...hello group!
        Pam

        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        "Artistic Idea Generation" http://liqwidart.com/art-ideas.html

      • Sandra Hall
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 14, 2009
          Hi,
          I am a homeschooling mother of five. I will be teaching art to K-3rd grade this year and look forward getting hints and ideas from the group!
          Sandy

        • lily798rose
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 17, 2013
            Hi Everyone, thank you very much for the add.  From Australia.  I homeschool my child with special needs.  I have found art the one thing that relaxes us both so it has become art therapy in many ways.

            Art is very much a huge part of our life and learning.

            In teacher my daughter I have discovered my love for painting.  We learn all about styles, artists, periods etc.  She is in Grade 5 at the moment.  We do not have a set particular art curriculum so I find things of interest and things to try.  I have never had a professional art lesson in my life, nor am a so called professional teacher.

            However our passion for visual arts is strong and we are always learning.  I may just quietly digest all the wealth of info thats on this board firstly.  Not used to yahoo groups.  Thanks for your time.
          • Lisa G.
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 18, 2013
              Good Luck, there are a lot of great and brilliant people here! Welcome

              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, <lily798rose@...> wrote:

              > Hi Everyone, thank you very much for the add. From Australia. I homeschool my child with special needs. I have found art the one thing that relaxes us both so it has become art therapy in many ways.
              >
              > Art is very much a huge part of our life and learning.
              >

              > In teacher my daughter I have discovered my love for painting. We learn all about styles, artists, periods etc. She is in Grade 5 at the moment. We do not have a set particular art curriculum so I find things of interest and things to try. I have never had a professional art lesson in my life, nor am a so called professional teacher.
              >

              > However our passion for visual arts is strong and we are always learning. I may just quietly digest all the wealth of info thats on this board firstly. Not used to yahoo groups. Thanks for your time.

            • numinousart4life
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 19, 2013

                 Welcome to the group - and be sure to skim some of the older posts and of course check out the IAD site for lessons.  Also, a homeschool resource is the practical pages blog with Nadene from South Africa - she has a ton of resources - and her art appreciation lessons are really awesome for home education ideas:

                  http://practicalpages.wordpress.com/free-pages/famous-artists/

                Take care and best wishes -

                ~Yvette