Art room tables

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2006
      I used to think only in terms of how many seats I needed.  I had six tables, so 3 or 4 kids could sit at those tables.  Then I inherited 3 small tables that I placed between each set of 2 tables.  Before I had these 3 extra tables, kids were always crowded on the big tables only because of the space needed for supplies, their table folders, etc.  Now, the supplies and table folders are placed on the middle tables between each set of 2 desks.  The kids can stay much more organized and have more space to work like that.  I place my tables in a U shape.  My desk/projector and screen/computer is at the open end of the U.  So, on the east side I have two big drawing tables and a desk in between; on the north end, same setup; and on the west side, same setup.  I now have two long rectangular tables put together like an L for my own desk.  One table holds all supplies, the other one is the work area for me to demonstrate under the Elmo camera.  So, on my supply table I have vertical files for colored paper, white, and black paper, organizers for my oil pastels, colored pencils, personal brushes, scissors, hole punches, erasers and pencils, crayons, etc. etc. etc.  Everything for me except water is within arms reach of my demonstration table.  My computer lives on my demonstration table, next to the Elmo camera.  With the flip of a button, I can switch between Powerpoints, the Internet, and my demo camera.  I never in my life thought I could be this organized, haha.  And when I m teaching, I can just walk up the middle of the U configuration and see all of my students pretty quickly.
      Linda in Houston

      Linda