Re: [art_education] ceramic windchimes

  • DeAnn Hanisch
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 12, 2002
      Barb,
      My students are currently finishing a lesson on Pop
      Art. I chose shoes as the subject matter for the
      production part of this lesson. The majority of the
      students are using slab construction. I asked that
      they make the shoes as realistic as possible (form,
      textures, shapes, etc.). I suggested they choose a
      style of shoe to match their peronalities. It is the
      first time I've taught this lesson, and it has been
      very successful. The students production is the best I
      have seen all year! The other art teacher in our
      department had the students create items of food like
      Oldenberg. They will be having a "food party" at the
      end of the unit. The art production in these classes
      is also amazing!

      Hope this helps, DeAnn

      http://mail.yahoo.com/