Re: [art_education] 5-10 minutes of your time Please...

  • Julie Casebourn
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2006
      oops.. please delete whomever has the power to delete this.. thanks.. and Merry christmas

      Julie Casebourn <juliecas@...> wrote:

      Brian Chichester <briannyit@yahoo. com> wrote:
      I understand that many individuals may be wary about opening attachments, from e-mails (especially from a one whom they don't know personally) so I took the liberty of pasting my letter and survey right here within the e-mail in hopes that you all, as my fellow colleagues will participate and help to further the research (or in some cases) lack of researchand data pertaining to the use of technology within the art classrooms.
      I beg you all to please take 5-10 minutes from your hectic schedules and respond to this survey.
      You may send your completed responses to my e-mail address (don't forget to reply to sender/ do not reply to all). I assure you that the confidentiality of all participants will be maintained.
      Thank you all in advance for your participation and attention towards this matter.
      Respectfully,
      Brian G. Chichester
      Art Instructor
      Middletown High School

      Consent Letter
      Greetings,
      My name is Brian Chichester and I am a graduate student from the New York Institute of Technology (NYIT). As one of the requirements for completing my Master’s degree in Instructional Technology, I am required to conduct a research study. For this study I have chosen to examine which factors influence high school art instructors’ integration of technology within their basic introductory art course (one which does not require the use of computer technology).

      I am requesting your consent and that of your colleagues within your department whom you choose to invite into this study. By returning this survey, consent to participate in this study will be assumed.

      The confidentiality of all participants in this study will be maintained. All participants will remain anonymous throughout the study and documentation of the results. Instructors participating in this study will only be required to respond truthfully to the questions in the attached survey, and then send the completed survey to the following e-mail address:  briannyit@yahoo. com                                                                         Or mail responses to:

      Brian Chichester
      12 James Street
      Harriman , NY 10926

      This survey is being distributed in mid December, so that responses can be returned by Friday, December 22nd 2006 for data collection. The write up will occur by February, 2007. For all who participate, I will be more than willing to share a brief summary of results. In order to receive the summary of the results, please send a short written request to the following e-mail address by January 5th, 2007.

      If you have any questions regarding to this survey, please feel free to respond to this email at briannyit@yahoo. com or leave a message for me (845)341-5900, and I will be certain to respond as soon as possible.

      Thank you for your time and cooperation in this matter,

      Brian G. Chichester
      Art Instructor

      Brian G. Chichester

      Art Instructor Technology Survey

      Please provide the following information with an x, highlight or other mark for the intended response. This survey is anonymous
      Demographics:
      1.      Gender: M___    or     F_x__

      2.      Participants Age:
      20-30_____  31-40__x___  41-50_____ 51-60_____   61-up____

      3.      Grade Level Taught at:
      Elementary (K-5)____x__   Intermediate (6-8)_x_____   Commencement (9-12)______

      4.      Describe the School District in which you are employed:
      Rural_x___ Suburban____ Urban____ Other, explain: ____________ ______

      5.      Yrs of Service in Education:
       0-3_____  4-10______  11-20____x_  21-or more____

      6.      Rate your comfort level in using technology:
        • Extremely Good
        • Good
        • x  Adequate
        • Poor

      7.      How many hours of formal instruction have you had in using technology:
      0 _____   1-10__x___ 11-20_____ 21-30_____ 40 or more______

      8.      Rate the formal training you’ve received in using technology:
        • Extremely
        • Good
        • x  Adequate
        • Poor

      9.      Approximately how often do you use the following with students:
      Hardware
      Frequency of Use

      Computer
      Daily