Re: [art_education] Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson

  • bruthrobson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
      I just did, we'll see.
      THanks ALL!
      Brenda

      Tanya you ought to also....
    • Grace Hall
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
        I bought the supplies just to experiment with but they're still in the
        box. I just haven't had the time to try it out. Please post the
        information again if Dick Blick has a solution to the problem because I
        don't want to give up hope!
      • Tanya Riehle
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
          Re: [art_education] Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
          Ok, I think I replied to the earlier email, but I never go it, my computer does not like the new yahoo.  Any whoooo.....  I couldn’t get the Chihuly to work either, I spent over 2 hours trying to figure it out, I also called dick blick who transferred me to the lesson plan department, the lady who wrote the lesson was not there.   I tried everything, hotter, colder you name it!!!!!

          Also, has anyone seen the School Art Nov. 2006 lesson with Xu Bing?  I am doing it in multiple classes, printmaking are doing lino cuts of their names, adv. Printmaking are writing haikus and creating screen prints out of them.  Painting is doing a watercolor landscape with their names.  I am going a bit overboard, but I’m trying to figure out which works the best and so I can incorporate into drawing and design.

          I will let you know the results.

          One more thing......I haven’t written in a while.  I did used the tessellation lesson plan and created tessellations in printmaking with polymer clay, they turned out very nice.  They had to create A LOT of prints and put them display them in some way.  Here is the link:

          http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=60695

          Tanya

          PS, Judy will you let me know if this posted????
        • Kris Fontes
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
            I attended a Blick workshop last year at the Pennsylvania Art Ed Association conference and was very disappointed in the materials for the Chihuly lesson. I think Blick should rethink this one.

[...]

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Ken Rohrer
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
              Grace,

              You might post your question in our forums. An
              employee of Dick Blick is a member and might read it.

              Ken

              -----------------------------

              Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
              Posted by: "Grace Hall" hallg@...
              Mon Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am (PST)

              I bought the supplies just to experiment with but
              they're still in the box. I just haven't had the time
              to try it out. Please post the information again if
              Dick Blick has a solution to the problem because I
              don't want to give up hope!

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
            • MaryAnn Faubion Kohl
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                Re: [art_education] Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson Just call Dick Blick’s company on the phone and let them know the problem. I’m sure they’ll fix it and send you a new product to replace the wasted one. Maybe they don’t eve k now something is wrong....

                On  12/5/06 5:42 AM,  Ken Rohrer  kenroar@...  emailed:

                Grace,

                You might post your question in our forums. An
                employee of Dick Blick is a member and might read it.

                Ken

                Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
                Posted by: "Grace Hall" hallg@... <mailto:hallg%40wilkes.k12.nc.us>
                Mon Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am (PST)