RE: [art_education] Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson

  • Hillmer, Jan
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006

      Ask for a refund!

      From: art_education@yahoogroups.com [mailto: art_education@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of bruthrobson@...
      Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 11:09 AM
      To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [art_education] Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson

      well my temp was right because I have an electic skillet.  The instructions said no hotter or we'd have dangerous fumes.
      The plastic just sat there, coulldn't be molded

    • bruthrobson@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
        I just did, we'll see.
        THanks ALL!
        Brenda

        Tanya you ought to also....
      • Grace Hall
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
          I bought the supplies just to experiment with but they're still in the
          box. I just haven't had the time to try it out. Please post the
          information again if Dick Blick has a solution to the problem because I
          don't want to give up hope!
        • Tanya Riehle
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
            Re: [art_education] Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
            Ok, I think I replied to the earlier email, but I never go it, my computer does not like the new yahoo.  Any whoooo.....  I couldn’t get the Chihuly to work either, I spent over 2 hours trying to figure it out, I also called dick blick who transferred me to the lesson plan department, the lady who wrote the lesson was not there.   I tried everything, hotter, colder you name it!!!!!

            Also, has anyone seen the School Art Nov. 2006 lesson with Xu Bing?  I am doing it in multiple classes, printmaking are doing lino cuts of their names, adv. Printmaking are writing haikus and creating screen prints out of them.  Painting is doing a watercolor landscape with their names.  I am going a bit overboard, but I’m trying to figure out which works the best and so I can incorporate into drawing and design.

            I will let you know the results.

            One more thing......I haven’t written in a while.  I did used the tessellation lesson plan and created tessellations in printmaking with polymer clay, they turned out very nice.  They had to create A LOT of prints and put them display them in some way.  Here is the link:

            http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=60695

            Tanya

            PS, Judy will you let me know if this posted????
          • Kris Fontes
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
              I attended a Blick workshop last year at the Pennsylvania Art Ed Association conference and was very disappointed in the materials for the Chihuly lesson. I think Blick should rethink this one.

[...]

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            • Ken Rohrer
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                Grace,

                You might post your question in our forums. An
                employee of Dick Blick is a member and might read it.

                Ken

                -----------------------------

                Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
                Posted by: "Grace Hall" hallg@...
                Mon Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am (PST)

                I bought the supplies just to experiment with but
                they're still in the box. I just haven't had the time
                to try it out. Please post the information again if
                Dick Blick has a solution to the problem because I
                don't want to give up hope!

                http://new.mail.yahoo.com
              • MaryAnn Faubion Kohl
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Re: [art_education] Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson Just call Dick Blick’s company on the phone and let them know the problem. I’m sure they’ll fix it and send you a new product to replace the wasted one. Maybe they don’t eve k now something is wrong....

                  On  12/5/06 5:42 AM,  Ken Rohrer  kenroar@...  emailed:

                  Grace,

                  You might post your question in our forums. An
                  employee of Dick Blick is a member and might read it.

                  Ken

                  Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
                  Posted by: "Grace Hall" hallg@... <mailto:hallg%40wilkes.k12.nc.us>
                  Mon Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am (PST)