Re: [art_education] Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson

  • bruthrobson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
      I feel like asking for my money back!!!
      Brenda
    • Hillmer, Jan
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006

        Ask for a refund!

        From: art_education@yahoogroups.com [mailto: art_education@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of bruthrobson@...
        Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 11:09 AM
        To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [art_education] Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson

        well my temp was right because I have an electic skillet.  The instructions said no hotter or we'd have dangerous fumes.
        The plastic just sat there, coulldn't be molded

      • bruthrobson@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
          I just did, we'll see.
          THanks ALL!
          Brenda

          Tanya you ought to also....
        • Grace Hall
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
            I bought the supplies just to experiment with but they're still in the
            box. I just haven't had the time to try it out. Please post the
            information again if Dick Blick has a solution to the problem because I
            don't want to give up hope!
          • Tanya Riehle
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
              Re: [art_education] Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
              Ok, I think I replied to the earlier email, but I never go it, my computer does not like the new yahoo.  Any whoooo.....  I couldn’t get the Chihuly to work either, I spent over 2 hours trying to figure it out, I also called dick blick who transferred me to the lesson plan department, the lady who wrote the lesson was not there.   I tried everything, hotter, colder you name it!!!!!

              Also, has anyone seen the School Art Nov. 2006 lesson with Xu Bing?  I am doing it in multiple classes, printmaking are doing lino cuts of their names, adv. Printmaking are writing haikus and creating screen prints out of them.  Painting is doing a watercolor landscape with their names.  I am going a bit overboard, but I’m trying to figure out which works the best and so I can incorporate into drawing and design.

              I will let you know the results.

              One more thing......I haven’t written in a while.  I did used the tessellation lesson plan and created tessellations in printmaking with polymer clay, they turned out very nice.  They had to create A LOT of prints and put them display them in some way.  Here is the link:

              http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=60695

              Tanya

              PS, Judy will you let me know if this posted????
            • Kris Fontes
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
                I attended a Blick workshop last year at the Pennsylvania Art Ed Association conference and was very disappointed in the materials for the Chihuly lesson. I think Blick should rethink this one.

[...]

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              • Ken Rohrer
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                  Grace,

                  You might post your question in our forums. An
                  employee of Dick Blick is a member and might read it.

                  Ken

                  -----------------------------

                  Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
                  Posted by: "Grace Hall" hallg@...
                  Mon Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am (PST)

                  I bought the supplies just to experiment with but
                  they're still in the box. I just haven't had the time
                  to try it out. Please post the information again if
                  Dick Blick has a solution to the problem because I
                  don't want to give up hope!

                  http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                • MaryAnn Faubion Kohl
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                    Re: [art_education] Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson Just call Dick Blick’s company on the phone and let them know the problem. I’m sure they’ll fix it and send you a new product to replace the wasted one. Maybe they don’t eve k now something is wrong....

                    On  12/5/06 5:42 AM,  Ken Rohrer  kenroar@...  emailed:

                    Grace,

                    You might post your question in our forums. An
                    employee of Dick Blick is a member and might read it.

                    Ken

                    Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
                    Posted by: "Grace Hall" hallg@... <mailto:hallg%40wilkes.k12.nc.us>
                    Mon Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am (PST)