Re: [art_education] Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson

  • Tanya Riehle
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
      Re: [art_education] Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson I had the same problem!!!  I followed the steps to a t!!!  Water temp was perfect, I even tried it hotter and I couldn’t get it to work if my life depended on it.  So I scrapped the project.  Is there anyone out there that has gotten it to work.  I thought the project would be very good to use in my drawing and design class.  I thought I would use it along with his website.

      Tanya
    • bruthrobson@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
        well my temp was right because I have an electic skillet.  The instructions said no hotter or we'd have dangerous fumes.
        The plastic just sat there, coulldn't be molded
      • bruthrobson@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
          I feel like asking for my money back!!!
          Brenda
        • Hillmer, Jan
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006

            Ask for a refund!

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
              I just did, we'll see.
              THanks ALL!
              Brenda

              Tanya you ought to also....
            • Grace Hall
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
                I bought the supplies just to experiment with but they're still in the
                box. I just haven't had the time to try it out. Please post the
                information again if Dick Blick has a solution to the problem because I
                don't want to give up hope!
              • Tanya Riehle
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
                  Re: [art_education] Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
                  Ok, I think I replied to the earlier email, but I never go it, my computer does not like the new yahoo.  Any whoooo.....  I couldn’t get the Chihuly to work either, I spent over 2 hours trying to figure it out, I also called dick blick who transferred me to the lesson plan department, the lady who wrote the lesson was not there.   I tried everything, hotter, colder you name it!!!!!

                  Also, has anyone seen the School Art Nov. 2006 lesson with Xu Bing?  I am doing it in multiple classes, printmaking are doing lino cuts of their names, adv. Printmaking are writing haikus and creating screen prints out of them.  Painting is doing a watercolor landscape with their names.  I am going a bit overboard, but I’m trying to figure out which works the best and so I can incorporate into drawing and design.

                  I will let you know the results.

                  One more thing......I haven’t written in a while.  I did used the tessellation lesson plan and created tessellations in printmaking with polymer clay, they turned out very nice.  They had to create A LOT of prints and put them display them in some way.  Here is the link:

                  http://www.artsonia.com/museum/gallery.asp?exhibit=60695

                  Tanya

                  PS, Judy will you let me know if this posted????
                • Kris Fontes
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 4, 2006
                    I attended a Blick workshop last year at the Pennsylvania Art Ed Association conference and was very disappointed in the materials for the Chihuly lesson. I think Blick should rethink this one.

[...]

                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  • Ken Rohrer
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                      Grace,

                      You might post your question in our forums. An
                      employee of Dick Blick is a member and might read it.

                      Ken

                      -----------------------------

                      Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
                      Posted by: "Grace Hall" hallg@...
                      Mon Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am (PST)

                      I bought the supplies just to experiment with but
                      they're still in the box. I just haven't had the time
                      to try it out. Please post the information again if
                      Dick Blick has a solution to the problem because I
                      don't want to give up hope!

                      http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                    • MaryAnn Faubion Kohl
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 5, 2006
                        Re: [art_education] Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson Just call Dick Blick’s company on the phone and let them know the problem. I’m sure they’ll fix it and send you a new product to replace the wasted one. Maybe they don’t eve k now something is wrong....

                        On  12/5/06 5:42 AM,  Ken Rohrer  kenroar@...  emailed:

                        Grace,

                        You might post your question in our forums. An
                        employee of Dick Blick is a member and might read it.

                        Ken

                        Re: Chihuly Dick Blick Lesson
                        Posted by: "Grace Hall" hallg@... <mailto:hallg%40wilkes.k12.nc.us>
                        Mon Dec 4, 2006 7:41 am (PST)