technology in the art room?

  • staiberic
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
      I teach k-5 art in Okemos, Mi. Rignt next to Michigan State Univ.
      Would anyone have some tech lesson ideas I could use. I will be using
      the school computer lab with smart board.

      Thanks,
      Eric
    • Sarah Coullard
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006
        Hi Eric,

        I teach in Grand Rapids, Mi.  I've been doing an Op Art lesson with my 6th graders, but it would also be suitable for 5th grade.

        I first had the kids do a web search on Victor Vasarely and view some of his work.  They are really interested in it!  You could make a power point about him to show the kids??  Anyways, they are using the "paint" program that comes standard on PCs in order to complete their project.  Ask them to try and imitate some of the same kinds of things that Vasarely does in his work.

        Just a thought!

        Sarah C
        Grand Rapids, MI

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2006

          Hi Eric,

          Try the IAD -

          http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/

          Right now there are some cool student projects featured which were done on the computer.  Many of the projects can be modified to use with younger kids.

          .

          Jan

          Would anyone have some tech lesson ideas I could use. I will be using
          the school computer lab with smart board.

          Thanks,
          Eric

        • Sheba
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2006
            --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "staiberic" <staiberic@...>
            wrote:
            > Would anyone have some tech lesson ideas I could use.

            These are some fun piant ones that are pretty easy

            http://www.carolynrobertsart.com/paint.htm

            Sheba~Cynthia Artist/ Educator "multi-faceted creative visionary"
            Middle School 6-8 Art and Technology Washington State
            The ART Site
            http://www.sheba-kitty-productions.com/
            The School Site
            http://thevirtualclassroom.org/