winter art

  • hollingsworth005@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2006
      I'm enjoying the posts on winter art, even though it has been in the 70's here the last couple days. I did a unit on winter landscapes with 4th grade a few years ago and tied it in with perspective. I prepared a powerpoint with lots of winter landscapse paintings. You have to realize most of my students will only see snow once a year or maybe not even that. We talked about the colors, the placement of the snow, how it drips, where you see it ( top of the branches,etc. ) We looked at the vanishing point on the horizon for creeks and fences..etc.. They drew with black crayons on grey construction paper and then used white acrylic paint for the snow. I'll see if I have some images at school if anyone is interested. I know one of them was chosen as a Principal's Pick. ( a program where the principal picks favorite artwork during the year, gets permission from the artist and then its framed for our school's permanent collection.)
      Jeryl in SC