Re: [art_education] ceramic windchimes

  • Kelli Denne
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2002

       Barb,

      I had my high school students do a ceramic teapot project which turned out to be a lot of fun.  A spout and a handle were required, but the shape and designs were up to the students.  The only problem I ran into was the similarities of some teapots and some types of drug paraphanalia.  That caused some problems.  Another project might be ceramic birdhouses, cartoon sculpture from clay, or assign a part of a 5 course meal to each student and make a entire dinner out of clay, complete with salad, breads, meats, even something to drink (I haven't done this one yet).  I hope this helps.

      Kelli

      Do You Yahoo!?
      Yahoo! Sports - Sign up for Fantasy Baseball

    • Judi Vokes
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2002
        I have a friend who did the dinner thing but they had to do it in the style of an artist.  Meryl had some pretty cool stuff..Van Gogh,
        Salvador Dali....imagine!!!!

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 12, 2002
          Barb,
          My students are currently finishing a lesson on Pop
          Art. I chose shoes as the subject matter for the
          production part of this lesson. The majority of the
          students are using slab construction. I asked that
          they make the shoes as realistic as possible (form,
          textures, shapes, etc.). I suggested they choose a
          style of shoe to match their peronalities. It is the
          first time I've taught this lesson, and it has been
          very successful. The students production is the best I
          have seen all year! The other art teacher in our
          department had the students create items of food like
          Oldenberg. They will be having a "food party" at the
          end of the unit. The art production in these classes
          is also amazing!

          Hope this helps, DeAnn

          http://mail.yahoo.com/