Artist Trading Cards

  • mmcarman109
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
      I am looking for someone in Australia or Europe to trade artist trading cards with (exchange
      student work). Artist trading cards are 3.5" x 2.5" mini artworks (google it-they are very
      interesting). I have an advanced high school class with 17 students. We have exchanged
      locally and are in the process of an exchange with a school in Canada (we are from
      Oklahoma) and have really enjoyed it. If anyone has any contacts please let me know.
    • littleredhenschool
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2006
        There's a Yahoo! group for artists trading cards...

        good place to ask for connections :-)

        -julie
        HomeschoolDine.com
        "a full menu of homeschool resources"
        http://www.homeschooldiner.com/

        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "mmcarman109"
        <marsha_carman@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for someone in Australia or Europe to trade artist
        trading cards with (exchange
        > student work). Artist trading cards are 3.5" x 2.5" mini artworks
        (google it-they are very
        > interesting). I have an advanced high school class with 17
        students. We have exchanged
        > locally and are in the process of an exchange with a school in
        Canada (we are from
        > Oklahoma) and have really enjoyed it. If anyone has any contacts
        please let me know.

      • Pam
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2006
          Students in my Foundations of Art Education course are creating Artist
          Trading Cards. These are being posted to the class blog at
          http://are200-421.blogspot.com/ if you would like to see them.

          We'll have more posted next week.

          You'll have no problem sorting the students who are dedicated to
          figuring out a way to incorporate this activity into a more meaningful
          context from those who quickly whipped something together. Regardless
          of qaulity, the ATCs are being posted for all to see.

          You'll also note on the blog that all students will be commenting upon
          the ATCs.

          As an aside, this is the first semester that I have used a Blog as a
          part of the course content. It has proven to be an invaluable tool in
          many ways. Not only does it encourage use of technology by engaging
          students in the actual use of a Blog, it also provides insights into
          the understanding of those students who do not talk in class.

          If you have a moment to scan the entire blog, you might enjoy the
          discussed.

          On the blog you will see a list of student names. By clicking on those
          links you will find student journals. Some are exceptional records.

          Blogs will be a definite part of future coursework for my classes.

          From Arizona,
          Pam
        • brooke3584
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 18, 2008
            I am looking to create an ATC exchange with another art classroom. I plan on doing this with
            my art club, which has 25 students in grades 4-6. Let me know if you are interested!
          • Sheba
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 19, 2008
              --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "brooke3584" <brooke3584@...>
              wrote: > I am looking to create an ATC exchange with another art
              classroom. I plan on doing this with
              > my art club, which has 25 students in grades 4-6. Let me know if you
              are interested!

              I would love to do this with my club, but I am 6-8 middle school and
              should probably trade with some other middle school kids. I will talk
              to my club this week and see what they think.

              Sheba~Cynthia Artist/ Educator "multi-faceted creative visionary"
              MY ART Site http://www.blog2007.sheba-kitty-productions.com
              MY education Site http://www.blog2008.thevirtualclassroom.org
              My classroom site http://blogs.everettsd.org/cgaub/
              My Teacher Tube http://www.teachertube.com/uvideos.php?UID=1560
            • Laurie
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 19, 2008
                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "brooke3584" <brooke3584@...> wrote:

                > I am looking to create an ATC exchange with another art classroom.
                I plan on doing this with
                > my art club, which has 25 students in grades 4-6. Let me know if you
                are interested!

                I know we'd be interested over here, I teach k-6, and my 3-6 kids do
                make trading cards frequently.

                laurie dyer