Need some feedback...

  • aimea_artist
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002
      Hello~

      I have just joined and am interested in some feedback on my art.
      Please visit my gallery Imagery By Aimea at:

      www.aimea.thrandisher.net

      Please let me know what you all think?! :)

      Sincerely,
      Aimea
    • tpersis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2002
        hi this is tracy again
        if anyone out there still has a survey/interview that I sent (especially late
        blooming artists)......could you please send it-- likewise, if anyone got
        into art later in life (college or after) and is interested in taking a
        survey i still need two more for research due next week. thanks
        tracy
      • Ken Rohrer
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2002
          As I was thinking about how it is a challenge to get
          through the rest of the school year here in Indiana, I
          remembered that public school is much different in
          other countries. As I recall, in Italy they go to
          school almost all year (August they have off) but have
          shorter school days. They were out by 1:00 p.m. every
          day.

          Since there are many members of this list who are in
          other countries, maybe you could share with us how
          your school year is structured. How long are your
          vacations? How long are your school days?

          Ken Rohrer

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • khanobporn wattanasukchai
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2002

            Well...in Thailand the school will begin around 16 May and the university will begin around 8 June. Student will study untill January and the university student will have final exam around March.How about the other?

            khanobporn  Wattanasukchai

            Obb

            Project web building

            >From: Ken Rohrer
            >To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [art_education] End of the school year blues
            >Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 16:11:13 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >As I was thinking about how it is a challenge to get
            >through the rest of the school year here in Indiana, I
            >remembered that public school is much different in
            >other countries. As I recall, in Italy they go to
            >school almost all year (August they have off) but have
            >shorter school days. They were out by 1:00 p.m. every
            >day.
            >
            >Since there are many members of this list who are in
            >other countries, maybe you could share with us how
            >your school year is structured. How long are your
            >vacations? How long are your school days?
            >
            >Ken Rohrer

            >Yahoo! Health - your guide to health and wellness
            >http://health.yahoo.com

            >Buy Stock for $4
            >and no minimums.
            >FREE Money 2002.
            >http://us.click.yahoo.com/orkH0C/n97DAA/Ey.GAA/PcIolB/TM

          • Renah Bell
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2002
              Both of my brothers and one of my daughters live in Israel. There the summer
              vacation is 5 weeks long and they get out of school at 1 PM also. The
              afternoons are filled with clubs and activities---after the homework is done
              , of course.
              Renah Bell
              > As I was thinking about how it is a challenge to get
              > through the rest of the school year here in Indiana, I
              > remembered that public school is much different in
              > other countries. As I recall, in Italy they go to
              > school almost all year (August they have off) but have
              > shorter school days. They were out by 1:00 p.m. every
              > day.
              >
              > Since there are many members of this list who are in
              > other countries, maybe you could share with us how
              > your school year is structured. How long are your
              > vacations? How long are your school days?
              >
              > Ken Rohrer

            • Charlot Cassar
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2002
                I am in Malta -

                School starts 4th week of September until end of June. We get two weeks off
                for Christmas and Easter and two mid term breaks (first and second term
                only).
                Lessons start any time between 8 and 8.30 in the morning and finish between
                2 and 3.30 depending on the particular school.

                Lots of holidays but they are well justified :) (of course). Come June it
                becomes just too hot to do anything except go to the beach. In fact June is
                always half days... I guess it would change if someone were to find enough
                money to install airconditions in each and every classroom but it has been
                like this for as long as I can remember.

                C.
              • Elizabeth none of your business
                Message 7 of 8 , May 6, 2002

                  I am living and teaching in England at the moment.  The school day runs from about 9-3:15 for primary and secondary schools.  Art however, in primary schools is generally taught by the classroom teacher and is difficult to fit into the timetable due to the national curriculum.  Art in secondary schools is mandatory for years 7-9 but becomes an elective later and is timetabled depending on the school's layout.  The school year finishes at the end of July and begins again in September yet there are a lot of national holidays and longer breaks for things like Christmas and Easter in between.

                  On this topic however, I am actually trained in America with a bachelor of science in art education (kindergarten-12th grade) yet am finishing my student teaching in England and living here permanently.  I am finding it difficult to find a job because of my different type of degree and qualification (although it is fully or legally accepted in England).  Does anyone have any advice how to adapt my resume, cover letter, and applications to better suit the job market over here?  Thanks a lot!

                  ~Liz M.

                • Ken Rohrer
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 7, 2002
                    Khanobporn,
                    Most school districts in the midwest states of the US
                    start school in August or early September and end in
                    late May or June. There is a movement for year-round
                    schools, however. These schools run for 9 weeks and
                    have 3 weeks off in between throughout the year.
                    Ken
                    --- khanobporn wattanasukchai <nop13@...>
                    wrote:

                    <HR>

                    <P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
                    <DIV></DIV>
                    <P><BR>Well...in Thailand the school will begin around
                    16 May and the university will begin around 8 June.
                    Student will study untill January and the university
                    student will have final exam around March.How about
                    the other?</P>
                    <P> </P>

                    http://health.yahoo.com