Re: [art_education] decoration/student involvement for teacher of the year breakfast

  • Heather Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
      that is a great idea, but this is a banquet honoring teacher's of the year from all over the county and we would not have images of all of them. However, that gives me an idea for something else during teacher appreciation week :)
      Thanks Danielle!

      On 10/3/06, Jacques Booth <pinkmuffin2228@...> wrote:

      Heather,

      You could have the students use paint materials to create a portrait of the teacher and then hang them all up with clothespins on a clothesline across the room.

      Danielle

      Heather Martin <sages7@...> wrote:
      ANyone have any great ideas for decoration for a teacher of the year breakfast that we have at our school. I really want to include student work. In the past, it has been pretty generic. ANy help on a theme or things that have worked for you all would be appreciated :)

      Thanks,
      Heather in GA

      Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business .

    • Jacques Booth

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
          You could have kids make art with hats- "hats off to our teachers" and use hats as
          baskets for the centerpieces. Ali

          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Heather Martin" <sages7@...> wrote:

          > ANyone have any great ideas for decoration for a teacher of the year
          > breakfast that we have at our school. I really want to include student work.
          > In the past, it has been pretty generic. ANy help on a theme or things that
          > have worked for you all would be appreciated :)
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Heather in GA

        • MaryAnn Faubion Kohl
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
            Re: [art_education] Re: decoration/student involvement for teacher of the year breakfast Does anyone have a Romare Bearden project... I saw on at Incredible Art Dept. ... Anything else out there?
            I want the kids to work on fiberboard or masonite, just like he did.
            Collage. Not necessarily jazz.
          • K Olson
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
              How about having students create the placemats and laminate them? We did Wayne
              Theibaud style mats, with a food theme, on 12"x18" construction paper and they
              were a big hit. Or you could have students do a teacher appreciation theme.

              Kathy Olson
              Vista, CA
            • Staci Peltz (Thoms)
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
                I don't know if this is on the site or not but I am having my students
                reproduce famous works of art in the collage style that Romare Bearden
                uses for example the Mona Lisa, Starry Night Ex.

                Staci

                --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, MaryAnn Faubion Kohl