Art-Math lesson plan (elementary) & call for more

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      Colleen submitted a lesson plan integrating math and art - Pastel Numbers:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/artmath.htm
      Linked from Elementary Plans. I added some Shorewood Art Prints and
      additional web links to enhance this lesson.
      Could we "brainstorm" and come up with more art with numbers?

      I have some suggestions for geometric prints. Does anyone have a good lesson
      to share? Maybe one that uses compasses, rulers and protractors. These are
      from Art Image Publications (1-800-361-2598):
      Wassily Kandinsky - Several Circles - no. 2.19
      Frank Stella - Darabjerd III - no. 2.26
      Sonia Delauney - No. 123-A - no. 6.6
      Robert Delaunay - Circular Forms - no. 105
      Sonia Delaunay - Ryhme - no. 116
      See Bunki Kramer's Art Math - Round Robin:
      http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/artmath/artnmath.htm
      See Bunki's Ribbon and Spheres:

      Here are some Op Art prints. Anyone have a lesson to share?
      Art Image Publications:
      Victor Vasarely - Zett - no. 4.28
      Shorewood Prints:
      Victor Vasarely - Zevegen - no. 1418
      Victor Vasarely - Cheyt M - no 1419
      Victor Vasarely - Tridem K - no. 1420
      Victor Vasarely - Vega-Kontosh - no. 1417
      Victor Vasarely - Vonal KSZ - no. 1400
      Bunki Kramer has Op Art Cubes:
      http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/OpArtCubes/op_art_cubes.htm
      and another idea on Art & Math:

      Does anyone have the present phone number/address for Shorewood? I got an
      email requesting it and my number is outdated.

      Send lessons to the list - or to me (Jdecker@...) - and I will pass
      them on to all list serves.
      Math-Art connections is a popular topic.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk