Re: [art_education] also..... two questions for all

  • ANDREW & JULIEPHEASANT
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
      13/2/02 11:35 PM

      > I guess I needd to clarify question #2....
      >
      > 1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
      >>
      >> 2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist? SHOULD be:
      >> when did someone (besides a parent)first label you as havign
      >> talent.....meaning, before your professional career as an artist...
      >>
      >> --thanks again to all those responding and taking the time...
      >> tracy
      > eed to clarify question #2 --

      1) when I was around six. That was all I wanted to do, everer have done.
      2) I was told by my mum I had done a finger painting in kindergarden at the
      age of five that my teacher called my parents to have a look at. I think the
      standard was of an eight year olds plus the fact that the subject matter was
      alarming (someone in a cage!)
    • Renah Bell
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
        1)Probably in nursery school
        2)I was the class artist in elementary school but became a professional
        after my 4th child was 3 and I A0took a calligraphy course, and b) began to
        teach art in camp and middle school.
        Renah Bell

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        > 16
        > AT THE AGE OF 4 it was recognised - professional at 18

      • Judi Vokes
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
          I am not sure if YOU are teh one lookin gfor this info, but here are my
          answers:
          1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
          4-5 years old
          2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist?
          In Kindergarden my teacher used to ask me to do stuff for her. My
          5th grade teacher almost
          ruined it though by diqualifying me from a poster contest because she
          didn't believe I had done the work myself.