Edline ???? help?

  • bruthrobson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
      Does anyone know what the Edline catagory "Mean" means.  Is it class placement?  If so the 93 doesn't make sense.

      My son is freaking out

      Edline website doesn't have any answers either.

      Score Max  %  Grd   Mean
      10.....10...100..A....5
      9.......10.....90..A....6
      91....100....91..A...93
      10.....10...100..A....5
      5.......10.....50..F....7
      5.........5...100..A....4
      1.........1...100..A....0
      3.........3...100..A....2
      5.......7.....71..D....6

    • drawart2
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
        -Tell your son he is doing great in the class, compared to
        the "mean" score of the class. This is the only test he did worse on
        than the mean...tell him he should be pleased. The 93 class mean
        means that for that exam, the mean was 93, while he still got an A
        with his 91. It's cause for celebration.

        At least this is how I would interpret this chart.
        Barbara-- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, bruthrobson@... wrote:

        > Does anyone know what the Edline catagory "Mean" means. Is it
        class
        > placement? If so the 93 doesn't make sense.
        >
        > My son is freaking out
        >
        > Edline website doesn't have any answers either.
        >
        > Score Max % Grd Mean
        > 10.....10...100..A....5
        > 9.......10.....90..A....6
        > 91....100....91..A...93
        > 10.....10...100..A....5
        > 5.......10.....50..F....7
        > 5.........5...100..A....4
        > 1.........1...100..A....0
        > 3.........3...100..A....2
        > 5.......7.....71..D....6

      • Kristi Gilleland
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
          The "mean" is just the average score.  It is the mathmatical term for the 'average' of the 'range' of scores for the class.
          I'd go ahead and explain the way an average is computed, so he'll understand!

          -Kristi

          -Tell your son he is doing great in the class, compared to
          the "mean" score of the class. This is the only test he did worse on
          than the mean...tell him he should be pleased. The 93 class mean
          means that for that exam, the mean was 93, while he still got an A
          with his 91. It's cause for celebration.

          At least this is how I would interpret this chart.
          Barbara-- In art_education@ yahoogroups. com, bruthrobson@ ... wrote:

          > Does anyone know what the Edline
          catagory "Mean" means. Is it
          class
          > placement? If so the 93 doesn't
          make sense.

          > My son is freaking out
          >
          > Edline
          website doesn't have any answers either.

          > Score Max % Grd
          Mean
          > 10.....10... 100..A... .5

          9.......10.. ...90..A. ...6

          91....100... .91..A... 93

          10.....10... 100..A... .5

          5.......10.. ...50..F. ...7

          5.........5. ..100..A. ...4

          1.........1. ..100..A. ...0

          3.........3. ..100..A. ...2

          5.......7... ..71..D.. ..6

        • Act Silly 4 Art
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2006
            Kristi Gilleland <ebay@...> wrote:
            The "mean" is just the average score.  It is the mathmatical term for the 'average' of the 'range' of scores for the class.
            I'd go ahead and explain the way an average is computed, so he'll understand!

            -Kristi

            -Tell your son he is doing great in the class, compared to
            the "mean" score of the class. This is the only test he did worse on
            than the mean...tell him he should be pleased. The 93 class mean
            means that for that exam, the mean was 93, while he still got an A
            with his 91. It's cause for celebration.

            At least this is how I would interpret this chart.
            Barbara-- In art_education@ yahoogroups. com, bruthrobson@ ... wrote:

            > Does anyone know what the Edline catagory "Mean" means. Is it
            class
            > placement? If so the 93 doesn't make sense.
            >
            > My son is freaking out
            >
            > Edline website doesn't have any answers either.
            >
            > Score Max % Grd Mean
            > 10.....10... 100..A... .5
            > 91....100... .91..A... 93
            > 10.....10... 100..A... .5