Seating charts

  • Judith Stenger
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      Old dog (VERY OLD DOG) new trick (NEW TO ME , ANYWAY)
        I like having the kids come in first day and find their assigned seats.  It saves time, and a lot of groans and insecurity.
        Most grading software offers seating charts templates, but I haven't seen one for eight tables of four.  So I took my own template, (with the table names of famous artists) and blew it up on the poster machine.  I made six of these blank posters and laminated them.   Now I can write kids names where I would like them to sit, using dry erase markers.  With all the first week roster changes, it saved re doing the charts.  I fastened them to the chalkboard with magnets, so the kids could come in and find their seats.   It is also helpful to remind kids who tend to roam from table to table.  We can all see at a glance where the students "belong."  A simple reminder of "LOCATION"  gets them back in their seats.
        I can at least use them all year--maybe more.  And I think I'll fasten them together with rings or something, so I can flip them on an easel or similar
      contraption.

      Peace and Grace
      Judy S