Art from Trash - Kinetic Sculpture - Jean Tinguely

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2 3:37 AM
      Dear Art Educators,

      Here is an artist I had forgotten about - Jean Tinguely:
      http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/tinguely_jean.html
      Sculptures from recycled metal, etc.

      He was brought back to mind by a NY Times article about a joint
      exhibit with work of Niki de Saint Phalle. They collaborated on many
      pieces.

      For Tinguely and Saint Phalle, a Show is a Posthumous Reunion
      By ALAN RIDING
      http://www.nytimes.com/pages/arts/design/index.html

      "Their relationship was forged initially by love, but what sustained
      it for more than 30 years was their close collaboration in art — and
      the belief that each was the other's most important friend."

      "Now, with 'Niki and Jean: Art and Love' the Tinguely Museum here is
      for the first time presenting their work side by side, along with
      photographs, drawings and models of some of the monumental projects
      they did together, most famously the Stravinsky Fountain beside the
      Georges Pompidou Center in Paris. The show runs through Jan. 21."

      Subscription is free for on line N Y Times. This is a great way to
      bring current events into your classroom. You get three articles every
      day for the Arts - with the link to more articles. I skim through Art
      & Design everyday looking for tidbits to share.