Oh my gosh! I'm in love with Elmo.

  • linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      No, Elmo is not a man. Surprise, surprise. This year, our school
      finally got us Elmo document cameras for demonstration purposes. I
      am in heaven. Today I demonstrated paper folding and cutting to
      second graders, not the easiest thing to understand for 7 year
      olds. All but one got it on the first try and they were cutting
      intricate shapes with ease. TO have all of the kids in the class be
      able to see the demonstrations from my viewpoint on a big screen in
      live action is amaaaaazing. My kids absolutely love it. Today at
      lunch I read to my "lunch bunch" kids with the book underneath the
      camera. They could all see the illustrations huge on the screen and
      they enjoyed reading along with me. The Elmo and my computer hook
      into the projector and with the flip of a button I can EASILY go
      from powerpoint slide talk to demonstration with out even getting
      up! I can face all of my kids throughout the whole thing as they
      sit at their desks. The difference is night and day, folks. I
      think if I get a spot light, I can even aim it at the wall behind
      me. I set up my desk in an L shape with two tables. The front
      table has the camera and my laptop on it. The projector is at the
      end of that table on a cart, facing the pulldown screen. The other
      table in the L shape holds ALL of my supplies except water and paper
      that I will have to think ahead for! This gizmo was 1400 bucks but
      it has bought me a much saner year. Yippee!!!
      Linda