Re: Struggling....

  • Staci Peltz (Thoms)
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hi Cathy,

      I too am a new teacher this year after 6 years of doing graphic
      design. I am working i=for a chater school and only have $100 a
      quater for supplies. This is the first year that they have had a
      really art teacher so I am starting from scratch. I wrote a letter
      to all the parents asking for donations of supplies and recieved an
      over whelmeing response. you would be suprised how much they want to
      help.

      I have 5-8 once a week for 45 mins. and k-1 twice a week for 30
      mins. it is a struggle you are not alone. I am making up my own
      curriculum as I go. These kids are very patient with me and we are
      experimenting alot. I have found that as long as they are not doing
      worksheets they are happy and they don't know if a lesson bombs or
      not. so trial by fire is the method to my madness right now. Good
      luck and remeber you are not alone.

      Staci
      cleveland, oh

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "threerefusals"