Knott Just Another Quote - Beauty

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      Here it is past noon and I still haven't gotten your motivational quotes
      posted - I hope that hasn't slowed you down today (tee-hee).
      ArtsEducators list already had their quotes today compliments of Joy - so I
      am using some of them here.

      Today's feature is on "Beauty"
      "Beauty, no doubt, does not make revolutions. But a day will
      come when revolutions will have need of beauty." ~ Albert Camus- 'THE REBEL'
      "Beauty is an expression of that rapture of being alive." ~ Bill Moyers

      From: http://www.painterskeys.com/quotationsac.htm#beauty
      Beauty is in the heart of the beholder. (Al Bernstein)
      Art is the increasing effort to compete with the beauty of flowers - and
      never succeeding. (Marc Chagall)
      Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. (Confucious)
      The beautiful is in nature, and it is encountered under the most diverse
      forms of reality. Once it is found, it belongs to art, or rather to the
      artist who discovers it. (Gustave Courbet)
      Beauty, like truth, is relative to the time when one lives and to the
      individual who can grasp it. (Gustave Courbet)
      Beauty is not caused. It is. (Emily Dickinson)
      What beauty is, I know not, though it adheres to many things. (Albrecht
      Durer)
      Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with
      us or we find it not. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
      That is beautiful which is produced by the inner need, which springs from
      the soul. (Wassily Kandinsky)
      I decided that if I could paint that flower in a huge scale, you could not
      ignore its beauty. (Georgia O'Keeffe)

      Many more good ones! This was a fun topic.
      http://home.att.net/~quotations/beauty.html
      Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. ~ Anne Frank
      I don't think of all the misery, but of all the beauty that remains. ~ Anne
      Frank

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk
    • joyuzsong
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2003
        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Judy Decker"
        <JDecker@w...> wrote:
        > Dear Art Educators,
        >
        > Here it is past noon and I still haven't gotten your motivational
        quotes posted - I hope that hasn't slowed you down today
        (tee-hee).

        Here's a motivational quote for you Judy. It's a bit long but the
        words do make you stop and pause for a moment....

        "The hardest times have been when it looks as though nothing
        is happening or, worse, when it looks as though something is
        definitely wrong in my life. "It's not working", I say to myself.

        Then I remember the scrap pile filled with odd pieces of
        material of those early quilters. Nothing was wasted. Out came
        those glorious quilts.

        I have to keep reminding myself that nothing I am doing is
        wasted time. I may not understand or like what is happening, but
        I can begin th appreciate that the impase is another marker on
        the way." - Sue Bender

        Best Wishes.........Joyuzsong