Re: Fundraiser ideas anyone?

  • maria lengauer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      HI Sara,
      I used to be the the student chapter. adviser for an art ed dept at a University  a few years ago.
      First you must register with the NAEA as a student chapter. They will send you a starter packet with a lot of info. Once you have your first meeting you'll need to elect officers etc..  Our chapter did a lot of fun raising but we also coordinated workshops, lectures etc that were given by students. This would attract other students. We had a lesson exchange party. We offered several hands on workshops a year run by students in their specific medium. We also sought other faculty members to offer workshops.  Many art ed students have a fear of not being proficient or experienced enough in using a variety of media. We  did some community programs where we volunteered and got paid ato do art lessons with children. Places like libraries, schools and community centers welcomed us.

      Ideas for fund raising
      • flea markets
      • bake sales (a sure thing which can be weekly!)
      • we made simple holiday cards and sold through Dec.
      • Charge minimal fees for art workshops (we did papermaking, pin hole photograhpy from oatmeal container, ceramics, jewelry)
      • Invite first year teachers to share their experience, offer refreshments to sell
      • Movie night, with refreshments

      hope this inspires you!

      Maria from Philadelphia