Knott Just Anoter Quote - Attitude

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4 6:26 AM
      Dear Art Educators,

      Back in 1997, my administrator started a rewards program called "Positive
      Attitudes Work" (She was an EXCELLENT administrator. I believe she is now
      the CEO for Cleveland Schools). It was kind of clever since our mascot was
      a bull dog. We had dog paws everywhere (My dog paws and PAW are still on my
      door window).
      Middle Schoolers often need an "attitude adjustment"....and most often when
      they got in "trouble" - I recall one by running down the hall after school
      yelling "This school S _ _ _ S" (you fill in the blanks - that was a no-no
      word in my classroom)....So today's quotes are about attitude:
      http://www.painterskeys.com/quotationsac.htm#attitude

      For success, attitude is equally as important as ability. (Harry F. Banks)
      Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. (Albert Einstein)
      Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do.
      Attitude determines how well you do it. (Lou Holtz)
      The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his
      life by altering his attitudes of mind. (William James)
      Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his
      goal. (Thomas Jefferson)
      All the technology in the world will never replace a positive attitude.
      (Harvey Mackay)
      You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude
      toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather
      than allowing it to master you. (Brian Tracy)

      From another source:
      http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_attitude.html
      Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important
      than any other one thing. ~ Abraham Lincoln
      Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun. ~
      Colleen C. Barrett (OK, Colleen, I'll repeat this over and over when I do my
      housework. Maybe it will sink in?)
      To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to
      put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the
      family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first
      set our hearts right. ~ Confucius (I know I used this one already for
      Peace - but it is a good one).
      When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long
      at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
      ~ Helen Keller

      Lots more out there - but these will do for today.

      Marvelous Monday!

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk