Knott Just Anoter Quote - Art is....

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      Nothing jumped out at me this morning for today's quotes - so I decided to
      pick a few of the "Art is..." quotes:

      Bunki Kramer does this with her students (and I have seen other teachers
      pick up on it, too)
      http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/quotes.htm

      From: http://www.painterskeys.com/quotationsac.htm#art
      Art is an intersection of many human needs. (Carl Andre)
      Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to shape it.
      (Bertolt Brecht)
      Art is the work of a person, a human being, who is free to take into himself
      what he sees outside and from his free center put his human stamp on it.
      (Sister Corita)

      From my site:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/quotes.htm
      "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." ~ Edgar Degas
      "Art is either plagiarism or revolution." ~ Paul Gaugin
      "Art is skill, that is the first meaning of the word." ~ Eric Gill
      "Art is everywhere, except it has to pass through a creative mind."
      ~ Louise Nevelson
      "Art is a lie that helps us to realize the truth." ~ Pablo Picasso
      "Art is contemplation. It is the pleasure of the mind which searches into
      nature and which there divines the spirit of which Nature herself is
      animated." ~ Auguste Rodin
      "Art is the signature of civilizations." ~ Beverly Sills

      Looks like Getty is down for a spell again. I'm sure it will be back up
      running again. Just keep checking the site.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk