Re: [art_education] also..... two questions for all

  • tpersis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
      I guess I needd to clarify question #2....

      1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?

      > 2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist? SHOULD be: when did someone (besides a parent)first label you as havign talent.....meaning, before your professional career as an artist...
      >
      > --thanks again to all those responding and taking the time...
      > tracy
      eed to clarify question #2 --
    • ANDREW & JULIEPHEASANT
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
        13/2/02 11:35 PM

        > I guess I needd to clarify question #2....
        >
        > 1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
        >>
        >> 2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist? SHOULD be:
        >> when did someone (besides a parent)first label you as havign
        >> talent.....meaning, before your professional career as an artist...
        >>
        >> --thanks again to all those responding and taking the time...
        >> tracy
        > eed to clarify question #2 --

        1) when I was around six. That was all I wanted to do, everer have done.
        2) I was told by my mum I had done a finger painting in kindergarden at the
        age of five that my teacher called my parents to have a look at. I think the
        standard was of an eight year olds plus the fact that the subject matter was
        alarming (someone in a cage!)
      • Renah Bell
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
          1)Probably in nursery school
          2)I was the class artist in elementary school but became a professional
          after my 4th child was 3 and I A0took a calligraphy course, and b) began to
          teach art in camp and middle school.
          Renah Bell

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > 16
          > AT THE AGE OF 4 it was recognised - professional at 18

        • Judi Vokes
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
            I am not sure if YOU are teh one lookin gfor this info, but here are my
            answers:
            1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
            4-5 years old
            2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist?
            In Kindergarden my teacher used to ask me to do stuff for her. My
            5th grade teacher almost
            ruined it though by diqualifying me from a poster contest because she
            didn't believe I had done the work myself.