Re: [art_education] also..... two questions for all

  • Charlot Cassar
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
      1. I am not sure - I must have been about 10 I think and we had this
      assignment in class - we had to draw a stuff for a display and I wanted to
      do the most demanding part (figures) thinking I can do it.

      2. Only very recently - since I started showing my work in public

      c.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
        I guess I needd to clarify question #2....

        1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?

        > 2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist? SHOULD be: when did someone (besides a parent)first label you as havign talent.....meaning, before your professional career as an artist...
        >
        > --thanks again to all those responding and taking the time...
        > tracy
        eed to clarify question #2 --
      • ANDREW & JULIEPHEASANT
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
          13/2/02 11:35 PM

          > I guess I needd to clarify question #2....
          >
          > 1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
          >>
          >> 2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist? SHOULD be:
          >> when did someone (besides a parent)first label you as havign
          >> talent.....meaning, before your professional career as an artist...
          >>
          >> --thanks again to all those responding and taking the time...
          >> tracy
          > eed to clarify question #2 --

          1) when I was around six. That was all I wanted to do, everer have done.
          2) I was told by my mum I had done a finger painting in kindergarden at the
          age of five that my teacher called my parents to have a look at. I think the
          standard was of an eight year olds plus the fact that the subject matter was
          alarming (someone in a cage!)
        • Renah Bell
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 13, 2002
            1)Probably in nursery school
            2)I was the class artist in elementary school but became a professional
            after my 4th child was 3 and I A0took a calligraphy course, and b) began to
            teach art in camp and middle school.
            Renah Bell

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > 16
            > AT THE AGE OF 4 it was recognised - professional at 18

          • Judi Vokes
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
              I am not sure if YOU are teh one lookin gfor this info, but here are my
              answers:
              1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
              4-5 years old
              2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist?
              In Kindergarden my teacher used to ask me to do stuff for her. My
              5th grade teacher almost
              ruined it though by diqualifying me from a poster contest because she
              didn't believe I had done the work myself.