Re: [art_education] also..... two questions for all

  • ANDREW & JULIEPHEASANT
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12 8:02 PM
      13/2/02 11:02 AM

      > Also : I am surveying at least 100 individuals asking the following 2
      > questions:
      > (can copy and paste) or just number 1 and 2.....anyone is welcome to
      > answer.......
      >

      > 1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
      >
      > 2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist?
      >
      > --thanks again
      > tracy

      16
      AT THE AGE OF 4 it was recognised - professional at 18
    • Charlot Cassar
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13 7:05 AM
        1. I am not sure - I must have been about 10 I think and we had this
        assignment in class - we had to draw a stuff for a display and I wanted to
        do the most demanding part (figures) thinking I can do it.

        2. Only very recently - since I started showing my work in public

        c.

      • tpersis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13 7:35 AM
          I guess I needd to clarify question #2....

          1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?

          > 2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist? SHOULD be: when did someone (besides a parent)first label you as havign talent.....meaning, before your professional career as an artist...
          >
          > --thanks again to all those responding and taking the time...
          > tracy
          eed to clarify question #2 --
        • ANDREW & JULIEPHEASANT
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 13 3:44 PM
            13/2/02 11:35 PM

            > I guess I needd to clarify question #2....
            >
            > 1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
            >>
            >> 2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist? SHOULD be:
            >> when did someone (besides a parent)first label you as havign
            >> talent.....meaning, before your professional career as an artist...
            >>
            >> --thanks again to all those responding and taking the time...
            >> tracy
            > eed to clarify question #2 --

            1) when I was around six. That was all I wanted to do, everer have done.
            2) I was told by my mum I had done a finger painting in kindergarden at the
            age of five that my teacher called my parents to have a look at. I think the
            standard was of an eight year olds plus the fact that the subject matter was
            alarming (someone in a cage!)
          • Renah Bell
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 13 4:15 PM
              1)Probably in nursery school
              2)I was the class artist in elementary school but became a professional
              after my 4th child was 3 and I A0took a calligraphy course, and b) began to
              teach art in camp and middle school.
              Renah Bell

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              > 16
              > AT THE AGE OF 4 it was recognised - professional at 18

            • Judi Vokes
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 14 5:55 AM
                I am not sure if YOU are teh one lookin gfor this info, but here are my
                answers:
                1) When (how old were you) when you first considered yourself an artist?
                4-5 years old
                2) When did someone else first label or consider you an artist?
                In Kindergarden my teacher used to ask me to do stuff for her. My
                5th grade teacher almost
                ruined it though by diqualifying me from a poster contest because she
                didn't believe I had done the work myself.