TEACH 4 ELE. SCHOOLS SARA more ininformation

  • Sara
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
      Art Education
      ORIGINAL MESSAGE

       I am talking to a School District in North Carolina that has not had Art
       in the Elementary before- there is no Ele. Art Curriculum written.
       The largest school has two teachers for each grade
       They have one Music Teacher for the four Ele. Schools.
       The Music Teacher has taught at two Ele. Schools for 9 weeks at a time
       then taught 9 weeks at two different Ele. Schools.
       The Art Teacher would share a room with the Music Teacher at 3 schools.
       They want to hire an Art Teacher to teach at all four schools.
       The district is unsure what the art budget will be.
       They want someone to develop the program and give them Ideas for:
       Teaching schedule at the four schools
       What supplies will be needed
       Art class time
       I was thinking it would be best to have 2 schools for one semester at a
       time.

      THANKS FOR YOUR  REPLIES

      Soon I will be talking to the county Human Resource Director and the 4  Ele.
      Schools Principals in NC.
      The Director told me  to tell the Principals what I will need.
      He said I could get a startup budget and a regular budget.

      What do you think are must haves for startup?
      as visual resources

      What would be a Basic Supply List?
      Wish List?

      What are some questions to ask so I can have  a smoother FIRST  DAYS TIME if
      I get the position?
      I want to meet with the other Art Teachers and other Specials.

      Many Thanks

      Sara

    • Joy B.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2006
        here are just a few suggestions depending on your
        projects...

        BASIC SUPPLY LIST
        crayons
        scissors
        construction paper
        drawing paper
        tempera paint
        brushes
        watercolor
        oil pastels
        black pens
        tape
        push pins
        stapler
        staples
        paper clips
        water color paper
        tissue paper
        markers (thick and thin)
        paper cutter (?)
        drying rack (?)
        post it notes (?)

        WISH LIST FROM PARENTS
        baby wipes
        newspapers
        cleaner
        sponges
        coffee cans
        yogurt containers
        shoe boxes
        tissues
        hand cleaner
        sanitizer
        paper towels
        magazines

        WISH LIST FROM PRINCIPAL
        kiln
        slab roller
        wheel

        I'll think of a million more things once I push
        send...
        Cheers,
        Joy

        http://mail.yahoo.com