Re: [art_education] need help please

  • Patricia Jones Brigman
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2006
      Hi Jeanette!  I've taken all three Praxis exams for art, and this was after more than 20 years since I received my degree in art!  I was very nervous and it was hard, but I did it!  I had to pass all three of them to be able to work on my alternative certification here in Arkansas.   Which one(s) are you planning to take?
      Patti

      Patti Brigman
      Art Teacher
      Walker Elementary

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2006
        In my state, you can get hired and take the praxis within 2 years.  Would that help, working with the material before taking it?  I took it, I studied, and it was hard.  In fact, I went through the questions in a panic, guessing at more than half.  Then, I went back and approached them logically.  There was an ancient statue, for instance, and 2 choices of its source were Roman or Greek.  Romans copied the Greeks!  It could be either one!!!!!!  Then, I remembered that the Romans destroyed much of Greek art and most of what remains are Roman copies.

        There are too many questions on artist and movement, so study those.  I had ignored photography entirely (don't).  And, go back over the test in a calm, logical manner.  I ended up missing only a few.  Hope this help.  Kathleen Day, Missouri
      • sueallen_art
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 12, 2006
          --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, "Patricia Jones Brigman"
          <pbrigman@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jeanette! I've taken all three Praxis exams for art, and this
          was after
          > more than 20 years since I received my degree in art! I was very
          nervous
          > and it was hard, but I did it! I had to pass all three of them to
          be able
          > to work on my alternative certification here in Arkansas. Which
          one(s) are
          > you planning to take?
          > Patti
          >
          > Patti Brigman
          > Art Teacher
          > Walker Elementary

          Patti:
          I have to take the PRAXIS art exam also (only the first one right
          now - but I want to get them all out of the way as soon as I can. Do
          you know of any good study guides or resources to suggest for
          studying to prepare for the exams?
          Sue