free sculpture workshops at mt. rushmore national park

  • Anna K. Ball
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      I can't believe I never posted this before now but there is still time this summer.  The workshops--stone carving and plastercast something-- are totally free, the instructor is fabulous and what an opportunity if anyone is out in South Dakota.  I am taking the sculpture class now--it's great fun.  Anyone can do it, no experience necessary.  My 13 year old is taking the class with me.
      I think this will be going on next summer too if you can't make it this summer.

      See www.djgarrity.com for info on artist-in-residence D.J. Garrity
      See http://www.nps.gov/moru/pphtml/eventdetail22576.html for info on Mt. Rushmore's sculpture program and registration form

      carving faces in south dakota,
      anna