New Teacher

  • Cyn Blamire
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 24, 2006
      This is the first year I will be teaching elementary
      art. I need help with classroom management, rules, and
      how to organize a curriculum. Can anyone advise me or
      point out some good resources? Thanks.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • go4art@juno.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2010
        Welcome to the wonderful world of teaching middle school ! As a professional, make sure you join your professional organizations, among other things they are great resources.....the Alabama Art Education Association and NAEA. There is also a Ning group ( google naeamiddlelevel) that would be a good place for support and sharing.

        creatively, Linda
        (middle school in Oregon)

        Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c588976c307952e0eest03vuc
      • you knoe me
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2010
          thank you! i will join those organizations soon....right now im focused on lesson plans and Actually being a teacher....what do you guys think about teaching art, do you schedule projects and critiques? how do you approach a regular day?

          Welcome to the wonderful world of teaching middle school ! As a professional, make sure you join your professional organizations, among other things they are great resources.....the Alabama Art Education Association and NAEA. There is also a Ning group ( google naeamiddlelevel) that would be a good place for support and sharing.

          creatively, Linda
          (middle school in Oregon)

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional