The Fantastic in Art and Fiction - web site

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2006
      Dear Art Educators,

      This was posted to Net Gold list by Linda Bee. I thought those of you
      who teach fantasy art would be interested in browsing the images from
      Cornell University's Rare Manuscript Collection.

      The Fantastic in Art and Fiction
      http://fantastic.library.cornell.edu/

      Site is divided into this topics:

      Angels and Demons
      Danse Macabre
      Weird Science
      Bestiary
      The Marvelous
      The Grotesque
      Possession & Insanity
      Fantastic Space
      Freaks, Monsters & Prodigies

      From About the Site:
      http://fantastic.library.cornell.edu/about.php

      "Sponsored by Cornell University's Institute for
      Digital Collections (CIDC) this image-bank provides
      a visual resource for the study of the Fantastic or
      of the supernatural in fiction and in art. While the
      site emerges from a comparative literature course
      on the topic at Skidmore College, it is also intended
      to open the door to consideration of some of the
      constant structures and patterns of fantastic literature,
      and the problems they raise. In this sense, the
      materials presented here may find a use among
      students in a variety of disciplines."

      Incredible Art Resources