[art_education] NAEA proposal

  • go4art@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hi all! TOMORROW I am submitting a proposal to NAEA for a room to be
      designated for Youth Art Month at the convention. The goal is to
      host a "museum" (framed works from each state) as well as the flags,
      documentation books, etc.

      We are trying to show the tremendous support and efforts (as
      evidenced in Chicago by the PowerPoint at the first general session
      and the signs throughout the hotel) by members---enough to use the
      room all day, every day of the convention.

      One of the things we have done is to compile a list of individuals
      who are already submitting a proposal (any type and length proposal)
      that, as a show of support for YAM, are saying in essence "if
      accepted we would like/are willing to hold our session in the YAM
      space".....versus some random room (same kind of room -but large-and
      set up as the others with projectors, etc)

      Of course it is up to NAEA to schedule everything as they normally
      do, but this is to present a united showing of support for this
      amazing advocacy program.

      ANYONE out there interested in adding their name to the our list?
      All I need is name, state, session title and session length. Feel
      free to contact me for more information or clarification.

      Thanks in advance for your help! I always know I can count on this
      group :-)
      creatively, Linda in Oregon
      school - kielingl@...